Stewardship / Ministries
St. Anthony Stewardship
Diana Veneri – [email protected]
Stewardship can be defined simply as making the most responsible use of one’s gifts and resources. It necessitates the recognition of life as a gift, bestowed upon each person by God and responded to in a spirit of humility and gratitude.
The function of the Stewardship Committee at St. Anthony church is to maintain, grow and restructure its various ministries.
The following ministries are in immediate need of assistance:
1. The Bingo Ministry is looking for help with the “back-end” of the ministry (clerical duties during Bingo).
2. The Wedding Ministry is looking for another couple to help plan the church event.
3. The Secondary Youth Ministry is looking for catechist teacher assistants, especially those experienced with working with children with special needs.
4. The Nursing Home Ministry is looking for a parishioner to visit St. Anthony parish members in local hospitals and nursing homes.
5. The Funeral Mass Ministry is also looking for someone to help families with funeral mass preparations (readings and music).
6. The Altar Society Ministry needs volunteers. Each member of the Altar Society has a one month responsibility to launder the linens used during the Eucharist at every Mass.The commitment is relatively simple: Linens can be picked up on the weekend and you have the week to wash and iron them and return the next week. You will be given instructions on how to launder and iron.
Click here for the May 18th Volunteer Appreciation Dinner RSVP.
As Christians initiated into the Church through the sacraments of baptism, confirmation and the Eucharist, we become the caretakers of all that God has given us. As stewards of creation, we are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for God’s kingdom. Please consider becoming a steward for St. Anthony church. If you would like to learn more about volunteering for the ministries listed above or any other ministry, please contact David Byrne, Volunteer Coordinator, [email protected] Ministry leaders feel free to contact me with any concerns or questions.