Saint Anthony’s Ladies Guild Mission
Promote the spiritual welfare of all Catholic women, primarily, the frequent reception of the Sacraments; Assisting Guild members to participate intimately in the life of the church; Perform charitable works as assigned by the Pastor or by the membership; Promote fellowship among all members and encourage participation in all Guild a
For more information or if you wish to join, contact Trudy Higgins, President of the Ladies Guild
Thank You from The Saint Anthony’s Ladies Guild
This year’s annual Ladies Guild Christmas Bazaar was, once again, an outstanding success! This is due to the perpetual dedication of our Ladies Guild members, to our parishioners and to all those who attended the Bazaar and purchased raffle tickets, food, and the many wonderful items offered by the vendors and Granny’s Attic.
- I cannot say enough about the members of the Ladies Guild who worked tirelessly and spent countless hours preparing baskets for the raffle with items that they purchased and donated to the Bazaar, which they do each year. They also decorated the church hall so beautifully, together with Cece Cochran, who generously gave her time to help us prepare for the event, as well as donating a lovely basket for our raffle that included a handmade blanket. In addition, we received very creative baskets from the following Parish ministries: Stewardship, Welcome, Altar Society, Fundraising and Faith Formation. We are extremely appreciative of their support!
- The two-day event involves preparing and serving all the food, selling donated baked goods and Granny’s Attic items, selling raffle tickets and ensuring that each person receives their basket once the Bazaar ends. Our Bazaar requires the help of so many members who graciously give their time and work very diligently to ensure the success of our yearly fundraiser. They are to be commended for their dedication and faithfulness to our Guild!
- This year, we added something new to our basket raffle. Each of the Faith Formation classes decorated a table-top tree and decorated it to be included in our raffle. The trees were just adorable and added a special touch to the basket display. Thank you, Andrea Brown, the director of Faith Formation, for providing this wonderful way to get the youngsters involved in our Bazaar!
- Once again, this year, the Confirmation students were present for two days, helping vendors up and down the stairs, packing up all of the unsold items from Granny’s Attic and carrying them upstairs, and making beautiful crafts with younger children. Their presence lent a special spark and enthusiasm to our Bazaar and their eagerness to help and participate made a great impression that was noticed by all. We are sincerely grateful for their assistance!
- Santa was a great hit again this year and we so appreciate the time he gives us; the children love to take pictures with him! And a heartfelt thanks to Diana and Dave Veneri for donating the tall tree that was placed by Santa and raffled off. It helped to make our Bazaar truly festive!
- It takes tremendous teamwork to organize a fundraiser of this magnitude, and I am always in awe of the spirit of cooperation and camaraderie demonstrated by our Guild members. It is very evident to me that the light of Jesus shines through each and every member. I am humbled and so very fortunate to be part of such an extraordinary group of women.
Christmas blessings to all!